Dozers are primarily used for support at mining operations for the following:
- Dozing and ripping as required.
- Maintaining pit floors and dumps.
- Building and maintaining in-pit travel ways.
- Building berms and dump areas.
- Ditching and leveling as required.
Dozers can have as much as 650 HP combined with a 3 speed power shift transmission and oil disc steering, clutch and brakes. It can have an operating weight of 200,000 pounds and can be equipped with a ripper attachment. Smaller dozers can be used for special projects requiring a small machine.
This program covers the following:
- Basic Bulldozer Inspection
- Pre-Operation Checklists and Safety
- Dozer Operation and Skill Training
- How to Safely Operate a Dozer and Recognize Dangerous Situations
- Maneuver Planning
- Moving Loads with a Cable
- Operating with Other Equipment Operators
- Dozer Transportation
- Basic Maintenance and Long Term Care
Course Types: Computer Based Training and Simulator Based Training
- Program Number
- Ntt 133 SBT/CBT
- 30 Hours
- Student to Instructor Ratio
- 4 to 1
- Students per program
- Equipment Type
- Cat D10R platform (Simulator Based)